As you may know, the theme for our annual Red Crusade service (formerly named “Women in Red” Service) for 2012 is “A 21st Century Clarion Call: Christian Soldiers of the Cross.” On this subject, the Lord has given me the following thoughts….
“Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” 2 Timothy 2:3
Are you a soldier? If so, for whose or what cause do you fight? Do you fight for the Lord? For money? For prestige? For respect? For power? For love? For self? For sin?
In this life, we will meet many struggles, trials, and hardships. It is easier to endure trials when they are brief and/or we do not suffer great loss. Yet, how will we respond when the minutes turn into hours and the hours turn into days? How will we respond when the days have become months and years? How will we respond when we have prayed for an answer, but the answer doesn’t seem to come? How will we respond when God tells us, “It’s going to get better,” but things seems to take a turn for the worse?
In the midst of a long, drawn out fight, we are tempted by (and may give into) fatigue and weariness. Even more so, if we are not mindful, we will lose focus. We forget that we are engaged in a spiritual battle and we are fighting against the Enemy of our souls. We lose sight of the fact that it is God who goes before us and that we fight from victory, not for victory.
If the preceding paragraphs describe you, allow me to encourage you: regain your focus. Remember who you are fighting against and that he is a defeated foe. God has given you power to overcome whatever ails you. You are the victorious of the Lord! He is fighting for you! The seed of victory has already begun to germinate in the midst of your problem and it will manifest soon. Whatever you do, don’t give up.
- Yonder Stone (sovereigngraceanniston.com)
- God’s Hedges (counselofafriend.wordpress.com)
- Deliverance: Not A Quick Fix! (settingcaptivesfree.me)
- Am I A Soldier Of The Cross? (hearshisvoice.wordpress.com)
- Sometimes it’s God’s Fight and Sometimes it’s Yours (dianneguthmuller.com)
- Acquainted With the Enemies Devices (sabbathsermons.com)
- From Our Pastor’s Wife…. (shilohtemplecogic.wordpress.com)
- Fight Plan (klarionkall.wordpress.com)
- Fighting Doubt (jenhall86.wordpress.com)