Where do you seek refuge when hard times come? According the 1828 Webster’s Dictionary, refuge is defined as “a strong hold which protects by its strength, or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; any place inaccessible to an enemy.”
In this life, we can be confident that we will experiences hardships that cause us to feel misery. We are sure to find ourselves in some type of misfortune. It may be related to our health, finances, relationships, etc. Either way, we are sure to experience trials. In our trials, where or to whom will we turn? How will we seek a sense of relief from our pain?
Someone once told me, “When you expect people to be there for you, they won’t be.” The Bible affirms this truth in Psalm 146:3, “Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.” and, again, in Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.” Instead, we must be sure that we seek God first when trouble comes. When your heart is broken, trust God. When the pain won’t end, trust God. When you don’t have a shoulder to cry on, trust God. When your world flips upside down, trust God. When you are in need and there is no help in sight, trust God.
Trust God. He will never fail you.
- Bible in 365: Day 106 (themoptimist.com)
- What Do You Do When You Get the Answer You don’t Want to Hear? 1Samuel 23:10-12 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- Remembering All God Has Done..Part 3 (mindofjemini.wordpress.com)
- Restrain Them: Psalms 141:8-10 (brokenbelievers.com)
- Day 39 – Thoughts from Psalms; Wings (jerfireandhammer.wordpress.com)
- Making Friends With Your Problems (redeemedandredirected.com)
- Looking to the One who Suffers (somewhereintension.wordpress.com)