We know [absolutely] that anyone born of God does not [deliberately and knowingly] practice committing sin, but the One Who was begotten of God carefully watches over and protects him [Christ’s divine presence within him preserves him against the evil], and the wicked one does not lay hold (get a grip) on him or touch [him]. (1 John 5:18)
We are bombarded by sin on every occasion. True, we could lock ourselves away and pretend to be hermits, but I don’t believe that would help us to carry out the Master’s Great Commission (See Matthew 28:18-20). So what do we do?
We have to come to realize that we are free from sin and that we have victory over sin. Most times, however, the battle against sin is not an external battle, but an internal battle. Our biggest enemy is the “inner me.” Yet, we do not have to fight the battle alone. We have One that watches over us and gives us the wisdom and strength to stand against sin in our lives.
When I am faced with temptation, the scripture that often comes to mind is 1 Corinthians 10:13,
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
When temptation comes and it is overbearing, ask God to provide a way of escape. I am a living witness that He will provide the way of escape. Yet, there remains one obstacle that each of us must face:
Will I take the way of escape?
We already have the victory; it is our responsibility to maintain our position and stand our ground.
- Temptations Everywhere! What are YOU going to do about it? (crookschronicles.wordpress.com)
- Temptation Is Common (abiblereader.wordpress.com)
- 59. “My Temptations Are Too Great To Overcome” (vertrep.com)
- Daily Devotional | Overcoming Temptation (thelivingwordministries.wordpress.com)
- God’s Faithfulness in Our Temptations (agoldentreasury.com)
- Oh Yes You Can! (sherissewoodley.com)
- If You Can Make It, I Can Make It….and, Vice Versa (gggceo.wordpress.com)