When the Spirit of heaviness weighs upon us, it can feel like a dark cloud has clouded our very souls. The cares of this life weighs upon us and it is hard to see the silver lining of the clouds. Hopelessness sets in and we wonder whether God sees and knows what we are going through. We wonder whether things will change. We wonder if we will ever come out of our present trials. Oh…. But God is faithful! He can and He will do it.
Here’s some information I gleaned while browsing the Internet:
THE EFFECT OF A SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS
- It darkens our countenance: Our hearts are down cast. This spirit brings a “heaviness” over us..
- It dims our vision, robs our hope. The room may actually look darker.
- It brings a heavy, oppressive feeling. It quenches our faith.
- It may come over many at once , like a plague. It can be like a cloud, hanging over a place.
- It causes us to isolate, it steals our love, makes us feel alone.
OVERTHROWING THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS
- Recognize it. This is not you, you are a child of God. This is not God’s will for you. Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
- Don’t believe anything negative you think under its influence. Accept no criticism of yourself or others. 2 Corinthians 10:5 We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
- Put on the Garment of Praise (Is 61:3) This literally means to be “Wrapped Up In Praise” God has given it to you to put on. Take action including adoration, thanksgiving, singing and glorifying. Get loud, get definite, aggressive! Wrestle it down. (Eph.6) and break into the anointing.
So, when we are afflicted with heaviness, we can wrap ourselves in the promises of God and with memories of His goodness. Truly, God has done great things for us and He is the lifter of our heads. He is our comfort. He is our praise.
- Praise and Worship (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Hope Beyond the Heaviness (impactingdreams.wordpress.com)